What are the different types of basil?
What is the most common type of basil?
What kind of basil is best for cooking?
It is the most used and popular basil variety to grow. Sweet basil is used extensively in cooking for its aromatic foliage. Ranging from green to purple, the herb can attain a height of 12-18 inches.
Which type of basil is easiest to grow?
What is the difference between basil and Greek basil?
What is normal basil called?
Can you eat all kinds of basil?
What does sweet basil look like?
What can I use instead of sweet basil?
- Oregano. The best substitute for basil? Oregano. Keep in mind: the flavor profile is not the same! …
- Tarragon. The next best substitute for basil? Tarragon. …
- Mint. The last substitute for basil: mint! Like both oregano and tarragon, the flavor profile is not the same.
What’s the difference between dried basil and sweet basil?
Is purple basil rare?
Can I use normal basil instead of Thai basil?
Can I use parsley instead of basil?
What can I use if I don’t have dried basil?
What if I don’t have fresh basil?
Can I use bay leaves instead of basil?
Can I use dry basil instead of fresh basil?
Can I use basil instead of rosemary?
Can I use Tulsi instead of basil in pasta?
How much dried basil should I use instead of fresh basil?
Keep this conversion handy. When using fresh basil instead of dried in a recipe, use 1 and 1/2 more than what the recipe says. Likewise, cut dried basil by the same amount when substituting it for fresh, that is, 2/3 of what is called for.
What is the dried equivalent of 1 cup fresh basil?
What can dried basil be used for?
How much dried basil is the same as 1/4 cup fresh basil?
Is fresh basil better than dried?
How do you spice up dried basil?
- Wash and dry the basil leaves. Remove them from the stem. …
- Microwave on High for 45 seconds.
- Remove the plate, spread out the leaves in a single layer. …
- Microwave again on high for one more 30 second interval. …
- Cool completely to allow to become perfectly crisp: the leaves will crisp more as they cool.