What are the different strains of yeast infections?
- Candida glabrata.
- Candida parapsilosis.
- Candida tropicalis.
- Candida krusei.
- Cryptococcus neoformans.
What are symptoms of various types of yeast infections?
- Itching and irritation in the vagina and vulva.
- A burning sensation, especially during intercourse or while urinating.
- Redness and swelling of the vulva.
- Vaginal pain and soreness.
- Vaginal rash.
- Thick, white, odor-free vaginal discharge with a cottage cheese appearance.
- Watery vaginal discharge.
What can mimic a yeast infection?
These include trichomoniasis, herpes and genital warts. A skin reaction or allergy: Some sanitary products can cause a reaction, as can feminine hygiene products, bath soap, or even a change in laundry soap.
What is the main cause of yeast infection?
How I get rid of my chronic yeast infection?
Can you have yeast infection without discharge?
Is a yeast infection a virus or bacteria?
How can I get antibiotics without a yeast infection?
- Talk to your doctor. …
- Use an over-the-counter antifungal. …
- Replenish your good bacteria. …
- Use yogurt. …
- Don’t use antibiotics unnecessarily. …
- Other tips for prevention.
Can a woman give a man a yeast infection?
Does eating yogurt prevent yeast infections?
Can amoxicillin cure a yeast infection?
Amoxicillin may help to a certain extent, but is not totally useful for treatment of bacterial vaginitis which occurs due to an increase in the number of several types of anaerobic bacteria that are normally present in the vagina.